CoreDNS-005 has been released!
CoreDNS is a DNS server that chains plugins, where each plugin implements a DNS feature.
What is New
A way to configure (external) plugin was added. Edit
plugin.cfg and do a
go generate && go build and your plugin has been added. This allows for out-of-tree plugin to be easily
added. Documentation can be found in
- erratic: a new plugin that can drop queries, limited in the current functionality, but useful for testing.
- trace: a new plugin that implements OpenTracing-based tracing using Zipkin.
- proxy: fix a bug when a connection hangs and never gets release (#467)
- proxy: Fold httpproxy into it, which is now a normal proxy with a special
protocol. For Monitoring an extra label was added:
proxy_protothat shows the protocol used (
https_google). See the proxy README.md for details.
- httpproxy: removed because functionality is moved to proxy.
- kubernetes: Now implements the full Kubernetes DNS Specification, including regular and headless services, endpoint hostnames, A, SRV, and PTR records.
- kubernetes: Implements the
podtype for requests in both a Kube-DNS compatible mode (
insecure) and a mode which validates that the IP in question belongs to a pod in the specified namespace (
- kubernetes: Simplified the configuration of reverse zones. Instead of listing the zones in the
zone list, you can just add a list of CIDRs using the
- rewrite: allow rewriting more bits of the incoming packet. This required some backward incompatible changes, e.g. a new FIELD keyword is now required. See the rewrite README.md for details.
The following people helped with getting this release done:
Bob Wasniak, Chris O’Haver, devnev, Dmytro Kislov, John Belamaric, Miek Gieben, Yong Tang.
If you want to help, please check out one of the issues and start coding!
For documentation and help, see our community page.