CoreDNS-006 has been released!
CoreDNS is a DNS server that chains plugins, where each plugin implements a DNS feature.
What is New
Move CoreDNS to https://github.com/coredns/coredns together with several other repos. This will be the new home for CoreDNS development.
- Fix hot-reloading. This would fail with
[ERROR] SIGUSR1: listen tcp :53: bind: address already in use.
- Allow removal of core plugin, see comments in plugin.cfg.
- reverse plugin: allows CoreDNS to respond dynamically to an PTR request and the related A/AAAA request.
- proxy a new
grpc: speak DNS over gRPC. Server side impl. resides in this out of tree plugin.
- file additional section processing for MX and SRV queries.
- prometheus fix hot reloading
- trace various improvements
The following people helped with getting this release done:
John Belamaric, Miek Gieben, Richard Hillmann, Yong Tang,
If you want to help, please check out one of the issues and start coding!
For documentation and help, see our community page.