We are pleased to announce the release of CoreDNS-1.0.6! This release has bug fixes, documentation fixes, polish and new plugins.
We’ve moved to a OWNERS model, where each plugin (and CoreDNS itself) now has an OWNERS file listing people involved with this code.
- The startup and shutdown plugin are deprecated (but working and included) in this release in favor of the on plugin. If you use them, this is the moment to move to on.
- A plugin called forward has been included in CoreDNS, this was, up until now, an external plugin. Supports DNS-over-TLS and has different way of health checking an upstream.
- The proxy plugin has a new policy, first which always chooses the first healthy upstream host. It also contains an important fix where a non-health checked target could be mark unhealthy forever.
- We now support zone transfers in the kubernetes plugin.
- The bind now supports multiple listening addresses.
- Bugfixes, improvements and documentation fixes in various other plugins.
The following people helped with getting this release done:
Chris O’Haver, Francois Tur, Freddy, Harshavardhana, John Belamaric, Miek Gieben, Pat Moroney, Paul Greenberg, Sandeep Rajan, Tobias Schmidt, Uladzimir Trehubenka, Yong Tang.
For documentation and help, see our community page.