We are pleased to announce the release of CoreDNS-1.2.0!
In this release we have a new plugin, bump etcd to version 3 and bugfixes.
Enable watch functionality when CoreDNS is used as a gRPC server (documented in the code - for now).
- A new plugin called metadata was added. It adds metadata to a query, via the context.
- The etcd plugin now supports etcd version 3 (only!). It was impossible to support v2 and v3 at the same time (even as separate plugins); so we decided to drop v2 support.
- Fix a race/crash in the cache plugin when
- The forward plugin has a
prefer_udpoption, that even when the incoming query is over TCP, the outgoing one will be tried over UDP first.
- secondary plugin has a bug fix for zone expiration: don’t expire zones if we can reach the primary, but see no zone changes.
- The auto plugin now works better with Kubernetes Configmaps.
The following people helped with getting this release done: Chris O’Haver, Eren Güven, Eugen Kleiner, Francois Tur, Isolus, Joey Espinosa, John Belamaric, Jun Li, Marcus André, Miek Gieben, Nitish Tiwari, Ruslan Drozhdzh, Tobias Schmidt, Yong Tang.