A new release: CoreDNS-1.5.0.
And a update on two important and active bugs:
2593 seems to hone in on Docker and/or the container environment being a contributing factor.
2624 is because of TLS session negotiating in the forward plugin.
- The ready plugin was added that signals a plugin is ready to receive queries. First user is the kubernetes plugin.
- The grpc plugin was added to implement forwarding gRPC. If you were relying on this in the proxy you can migrate to this one.
- The cancel plugin was added that adds a context.WithTimeout to each context (but not enabled - yet).
- The forward plugin adds dnstap support.
- The route53 plugin now supports wildcards.
- The pprof plugin adds a
blockoption that enables the block profiling.
- The prometheus plugin adds a
coredns_plugin_enabledmetric that shows which plugins are enabled.
- The chaos plugin returns the maintainers when queried for “authors.bind TXT CH”.
resyncperiodoption in kubernetes now defaults to zero seconds, which disables resyncing.
resyncperiodoption in kubernetes is deprecated and will be made a no-op in 1.6.0 and removed in 1.7.0.
Brought to You By
Aleks, Chris O’Haver, David, dilyevsky, Francois Tur, Iñigo, Jiacheng Xu, John Belamaric, Matt Greenfield, MengZeLee, Miek Gieben, peiranliushop, Rajveer Malviya, Ruslan Drozhdzh, Stefan Budeanu, Xiao An, Yong Tang.