The CoreDNS team has released CoreDNS-1.6.0.
-cpu flag is removed from this version.
This release sports changes in the file plugin. A speed up in the log plugin and fixes in the cache and hosts plugins.
Upcoming deprecation: the kubernetes federation plugin will be moved to github.com/coredns/federation. This is likely to happen in CoreDNS 1.7.0.
- The file got lot of bug fixes and it now loads zones lazily on start, i.e. if the zonefile does not exist, it keeps trying with every reload period.
- The cache fixes a race.
- Multiple fixes in the route53 plugin.
- And the kubernetes removes the
- The host appended entries from /etc/hosts on each (re-)parse, instead of overwriting them.
- Speed ups in the log plugin.
Brought to You By
Anshul Sharma, Charlie Vieth, Chris O’Haver, Christian Muehlhaeuser, Erfan Besharat, Jintao Zhang, Mat Lowery, Miek Gieben, Ruslan Drozhdzh, Yong Tang.
- core: Scrub: TC bit is always set (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/3001)
- pkg/cache: Fix race in Add() and Evict() (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/3013)
- pkg/replacer: Evaluate format once and improve perf by ~3x (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/3002)
- plugin/file: Fix setting ReloadInterval (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/3017)
- plugin/file: Make non-existent file non-fatal (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/2955)
- plugin/file: New zone should have zero records (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/3025)
- plugin/file: Rename do to walk and cleanup and document (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/2987)
- plugin/file: Simplify locking (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/3024)
- plugin/host: don’t append the names when reparsing hosts file (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/3045)
- plugin/kubernetes: Remove resyncperiod (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/2923)
- plugin/log: Fix log plugin benchmark and slightly improve performance (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/3004)
- plugin/metrics: Fix response_rcode_count_total metric (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/3029)
- plugin/rewrite: Fix domain length validation (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/2995)
- plugin/route53: Fix IAM credential file (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/2983)
- plugin/route53: Fix multiple credentials in route53 (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/2859)