The CoreDNS team has released CoreDNS-1.6.5.
A fairly small release that polishes various plugins and fixes a bunch of bugs.
A new plugin transfer that encapsulates the zone transfer knowledge and code in one place. This makes it easier to add this functionality to new plugins. Plugins that already implement zone transfers are expected to move to it in the 1.7.0 release.
- forward don’t block on returning sockets; instead timeout and drop the socket on the floor, this makes each go-routine guarantee to exit.
- kubernetes adds metrics to measure kubernetes control plane latency, see documentation for details.
- file fixes a panic when comparing domains names.
Brought to You By
Chris O’Haver, Erfan Besharat, Hauke Löffler, Ingo Gottwald, janluk, Miek Gieben, Uladzimir Trehubenka, Yong Tang, yuxiaobo96.
- core: Make request.Request smaller (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/3351)
- pkg/log: Add Clear to stop debug logging (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/3372)
- plugin/cache: move goroutine closure to separate function to save memory (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/3353)
- plugin/clouddns: remove initialization from init (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/3349)
- plugin/erratic: doc and zone transfer (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/3340)
- plugin/file: fix panic in miekg/dns.CompareDomainName() (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/3337)
- plugin/forward: make Yield not block (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/3336)
- plugin/forward: Move map to array (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/3339)
- plugin/kubernetes: Measure and expose DNS programming latency from Kubernetes plugin. (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/3171)
- plugin/route53: Remove amazon initialization from init (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/3348)
- plugin/transfer: Zone transfer plugin (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/3223)
- plugins: Add MustNormalize (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/3385)