The CoreDNS team has released CoreDNS-1.6.8.
Again a small release with some nice improvements in the forward plugin, and overall polish. See “Noteworthy Changes” for more detail.
Note that 1.7.0 will contain a bunch of backward incompatible changes: the federation plugin will be full removed and the metrics name will be changed to inline with the naming recommendation from the Prometheus project.
Brought to You By
Andy Bursavich, Chris O’Haver, Christian Tryti, Darshan Chaudhary, Kohei Yoshida, LongKB, Miek Gieben, Ricky S, Sylvain Rabot, Zou Nengren.
- plugin/azure: Add private DNS support for azure plugin (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/1516)
- plugin/cache: explain drop metric (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/3706)
- plugin/forward: Add configuration flag to set if RecursionDesired should be set on health checks (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/3679)
- plugin/forward: Add exponential backoff to healthcheck (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/3643)
- plugin/forward: Add max_concurrent option (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/3640)
- plugin/hosts: Modifies NODATA handling (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/3536)
- plugin/kubernetes: fix metadata (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/3642)
- plugin/kubernetes: Return all records with matching IP for reverse queries (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/3687)
- plugin/metrics: Add query type to latency as well (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/3685)
- plugin/pkg/up: Make default intervals shorter (https://github.com/coredns/coredns/pull/3651)